Discipline Engineer-Piping Engineering
* The position is reporting to Engineering Manager Hull and LQ.
* The candidate will be located at one of Company's site office(s) at Sembcorp Marine's yards.
* The work will be undertaken by daily follow up of Sembcorp's engineering organization on design solutions, quality of work, progress and deliveries.
* Be Company's discipline engineer within piping engineering.
* Follow up Contractor's engineering team through detail engineering and construction engineering.
* Handle technical queries and non-conformance requests from contractor.
* Review technical specifications and other engineering deliverables from Contractor.
* Manage and follow up equipment packages within the piping discipline.
* Assist on piping design/specification issues within other equipment packages/skids.
* Review valve design and selection as per contractual requirements.
* Follow-up critical line list for pipe stress analyses, review and approve pipe stress reports.
* Verify and approve pipe support standard, penetrations and piping details in use.
* Assist on layout reviews as requested.
* Participate in FAT, review of supplier documentation, inspection of equipment upon receival.
* Engineering degree within mechanical.
* Knowledge of relevant ASME and API standards.
* Knowledge of Norsok standards within piping and materials disciplines.
* Some knowledge of the DNVGL rules and regulations for floating production facilities is preferable.
* Knowledge of flexibility and stress calculations for piping systems required.
* General material knowledge, including rules for allowable stress and formulas for pressure vessel design calculations.
* Minimum 8 years working experience from detail engineering in offshore development projects.
* Knowledge of general engineering tools.
* Previous work experience on establishing package specifications, inquiries, tender evaluations and package follow up to delivery.
* Experience from shipyards is preferable.
* Piping detail standards, penetrations, and pipe supporting should be well know areas from previous assignments.
* Good cultural understanding and adaption.
* Ability to work in team.
* Good written and verbal communication.
* Structured work method art task management, reporting and documentation.
Language: Fluent skills in writing and speaking the English language is required.
Duration: 01.06.2018 - 31.12.2018