Discipline Engineer Electrical
Responsible for the electrical discipline for the Unmanned Process Platform (UPPTM) concept with further technical development of the concept in the first instance to a Class C study level at DG2 in Dec 2018.
Typical tasks shall include:
- Prepare scope of work for the electrical discipline for the planned C studies for the unmanned process platform (UPPTM) concept
- Contribute to the Krafla TORG development with responsibility for the electrical discipline. Understand the TORG process and ensure that relevant technical requirements are identified, challenged and accepted for the Krafla TORG.
- Ensure a maturing of the electrical technical concept towards concept frozen at DG2 in December 2018 and technical deliveries in line with a Class C study (TR1244).
- Electrical design shall consider that this is an unmanned platform concept with low maintenance and minimum life cycle costs.
- Contribute to a robust material handling philosophy both in the construction and hook-up phases and during operations and maintenance periods.
- Follow up and manage the study contractor's electrical discipline and ensure both timely and quality in deliverables
- Document the Class C study electrical solutions in the DG2 Decision Gate Support Package (DGSP)
- Contribute to Company UPP PDMS model development with implementation of electrical equipment design based on own design and or external contractor design.
- Follow up robustness studies with electrical equipment suppliers (MV VSDs, HV switchgear, UPS and similar
- It would be most desirable if the candidate have solid VSD experience.
- University degree / Master degree in electrical power engineering. Longer relevant experience may compensate for less formal education.
- Hands on approach is required together with good cooperation skills
- Minimum 5 year of experience from similar position in previous projects
- A strong team player with ability to handle high work load
- Open attitude, curious and with good business understanding
- Independent and able to work in a structured manner
- Target and result-oriented
- HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) mindset
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Identify yourself with Company's values courageous, open, collaboration and caring.
- Electrical System competence
- Good knowledge of high voltage equipment
Language requirements: English and Norwegian
Work location: Onshore, Stavanger
Contract period: ASAP - 31.12.2018
Option period: 2 x 6 months