The Inventory Controller is part of the Material Management. This role will be responsible to know whats in inventory, its condition, how much, where it is and why keep it as inventory.
The role is responsible to monitor inventory accuracy and control, perform optimization, inventory audits/controls, ERP inventory structure, inventory catalogues and disposal of surplus processes.
* Work according to and contribute to development of material management procedures/processes.
* Manage Inventory clean-up efforts and counting schedules.
* Perform optimization of stock items
* Interface with internal customers in planning demand for inventory capacity and levels.
* Accountable for all inventory cyclic counts are established and carried out for all Company inventory at all inventory locations.
* Contribute in identifying and execution of Disposals (sale, donation or scrap of equipment).
* Participate in yearly slow moving/spare part exercises to secure correct inventory types- and levels.
* Continuously inform, educate and make the organization aware of processes and procedures.
* Develop and work with all Company Inventory storage locations, including 3rd party vendors.
* WorkMate/SAP responsible for the Inventory Management Module.
* Involve in and understand TAG/BoM, TEK/SPIR and other connected Material master data.
* Proactively identify process gaps and decide best action to close gaps.
* Implement procedures by training and monitoring compliance.
* Assist in designing appropriate strategies for the preservation, maintenance and care of materials.
* Ensure new established lean processes to reflect Material Management BMS and improve flow efficiency through new digitalization initiatives.
* Participate in an efficient transition from existing ERP systems to new SAP S4/Hana to mitigate operational risk.
* Any other activity that is relevant for this position.
* BS degree/University degree, SCM/Business, or Engineering related field, or equivalent
* Formal academic background in Inventory Management fundamental concepts, Warehousing / Distribution, Transportations, or related fields, supported by sufficient material management experience.
* Minimum 10 years experience from material management, inventory management or other relevant SCM roles.
* Extensive experience with SAP / Workmate or other comparable ERP systems.
* Strong skills in using Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Excellent organizational, planning and reporting skills.
* This role requires both a strategic thinker as well as a pragmatic doer
* Ability to work creatively, turn plans into reality, in a demanding environment.
* Motivated self-starter with the ability to deliver results with minimum direction and supervision.
* Experience in working across disciplines and cross-functional teams, preparing and managing Service Level agreements with stakeholders.
* Good communication and listening skills, excellent command of English language.
* Good presentation skills and facilitation skills.
* One-team attitude.
Start date: asap
End date: 01/03/2019
Work Location: Stavanger