Specialist - Duplex SS Welding
Main Responsibility and Reporting: The welding specialist shall ensure that Welding & NDE of duplex piping and equipment are planned, qualified, performed and documented in accordance with the project specifications for the Riser Platform and the P1 Production Platform. The welding specialist is reporting to the Construction Lead(s) - welding & NDE, and shall also collaborate closely with company's EP team and follow up construction related issues in engineering and towards FC deliveries.
* Monitor all Welding and NDE construction activities with emphasize on Duplex and Super Duplex Welding quality, schedule and HSE
* Monitor work progress against plans and highlight areas of concern and possible corrective actions
* Supervise and manage Welding and NDE Local inspectors in Yard site team
* Support and follow up Contractor with respect to construction issues and shop engineering, with special task for follow up Duplex and Super Duplex welding and NDE
* Ensure that all required welding qualifications are performed.
* Ensure that Contractors personnel are qualified in accordance with project requirements.
* Follow up Contractor's and subcontractor's production testing of piping
* Plan/Participate in audits / verifications as required.
* Follow up company's Task Force recommendation for Duplex and Super Duplex welding
* Report deviations and highlight problem areas to Construction lead and to Discipline Lead on discipline matters
* Work closely with company's EP team and follow up construction related issues in engineering and towards IFC deliveries c
* Ensure that fabrication documentation is issued by Contractor in accordance with requirements
* Actively work with Contractor to ensure that mechanical completion is achieved with a minimum of punch listed items and ready for handover to Commissioning
* Contribute actively towards Contractors timely achievement of system handover Additional focus areas:
* Follow up and ensure that all working environment requirements are fulfilled
* Follow up system for material traceability
* MSc degree or similar preferably within metallurgy, materials- or welding technology
* Minimum 5 years documented experience with Corrosion Resistant Alloys i.a. Duplex/Super Duplex
* Longer relevant experience and BSc may be acceptable.
* Experience from similar position at a construction yard, preferably in Asia
* European Welding Engineer (EWE) or similar.
* Certified welding inspector according to NS477, CSWIP or another recognized standard
* HSE focus
* A strong team player with ability to handle high work load
* Cultural understanding
Language requirements: English
Work location: Onshore, Geoje, South Korea
Contract period: 01.11.2016 - 28.02.2018
Option period: 2 x 3 months
Commuters not accepted